WHY I LOVE WEDDINGS AT UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD COLLEGES
I feel my classical and natural style of wedding photography suits Oxford University weddings (Oxford College weddings) and it’s a privilege to be a part of such an important occasion.
You do not have to be a former Oxford student to hold your ceremony and reception in college. What could be more memorable than a wedding held in an Oxford college or university venue?
I love the sense of history and grandeur of the beautiful buildings, and I try to capture that in my wedding photography at Oxford University weddings.
The grounds are always beautifully presented which makes my job a lot easier! I feel it is important to have some natural portraits in the grounds to not only show the amazing location but also to capture the surroundings as part of the story of your wedding day.
Below are a few of my favourites showing some of the wonderful moments I have been a part of. From ceremonies at Harris Manchester College in the beautiful chapel, to drinks and canapes in the gardens of Lady Margaret Hall, and very importantly those wonderful bride and groom portraits after the wedding at Trinity College.
Several colleges and university venues are now licensed to hold weddings.
All of the Colleges offer such a sense of occasion, and I try to capture the feel of the day, the perfect flowers and cake, the magnificent dining hall, the carefully chosen bridal gown and suits, and of course the emotions of the happy couple on their wedding day.
The following Oxford Colleges are approved for marriages, civil partnerships and other civil ceremonies:
- Oxford University – St Edmund Hall
- Oxford University – St Hilda’s College
- Oxford University – Mansfield College
- Conference Oxford: http://conference-oxford.com/conferences-events
- Catholic Ceremonies: http://www.catholic-chaplaincy.org.uk/information/university-weddings/
- Approved Civil Ceremony Venues: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/public-site/approved-venues-civil-ceremonies
- Balliol College Oxford Weddings: http://www.balliol.ox.ac.uk/about-balliol/weddings-in-chapel-for-members-and-staff
- Jesus College Oxford Weddings:http://www.jesus.ox.ac.uk/weddings
- Worcester College Chapel Weddings: http://www.worcesterchapel.co.uk/services/weddings/
- Pembroke College Weddings: http://www.pmb.ox.ac.uk/about/chapel/weddings
- Harris Manchester College Weddings: http://www.hmc.ox.ac.uk/pages/default.asp?id=17&sID=172
- Exeter College Weddings: http://www.exeter.ox.ac.uk/conferences/dining
- Lady Margaret Hall Weddings: http://www.lmh.ox.ac.uk/Conferences/What-LMH-offers.aspx
- Wolfson College Weddings: https://www.wolfson.ox.ac.uk/conference/weddings-and-parties
- St Hugh’s College Oxford Weddings: http://www.st-hughs.ox.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/weddings/
For more photographs showing the whole wedding day including bridal preparations and evening celebrations please take a look at some of the blog posts below.
If you would like any further information or to discuss your Oxford College wedding photography then please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Scroll for more >>>>>